Art Scene is accepting entries for our second annual “Snap Decisions” photo contest. This is an open competition; no distinction will be made between professional and amateur photographers. I’m excited to say we’re already getting submissions.
The top three photos in each category will appear in print in our August issue. There will be a $100 prize given to the top photo in each of the five categories, and gift certificates to The Art Store in Des Moines will be awarded to the two runners-up in each category.
Entries must be submitted via email by 5 p.m., June 30. Only one entry per photographer is allowed in each category. Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The categories are:
• DEADLINE NEWS: A news photo or series of photos that shows a breaking news event, such as (but not only) crime, accidents, fires, arrests.
• SCENIC: Landscape scenery which may or may not include people or animals as a secondary emphasis.
• WILDLIFE: Photos with their principal subject of one or more animal, plants or insects.
• ARTISTIC: A photo that shows the creative side of the photographer, with any subject. (Photos may be manipulated with a computer in this category ONLY.)
• PEOPLE: A photo that has as its principal emphasis one or more persons, including individual portraits.
• BASIC RULES: The photo must be taken by the person who submits it, and he or she agrees that photos submitted may be published in Art Scene LLC, and on our Web site without compensation. As a condition of submission, the contestant affirms that he or she owns full rights to the photo.
• CONTESTANTS WILL RETAIN FULL RIGHTS TO THE IMAGE AFTER THE CONTEST.
For the complete rules and guidelines, please go to our Web site and click the link for the contest.